At Mobile World Congress in February Sony unveiled its latest flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2. The smartphone is destined to take on the likes of Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8, but it appears that delays may keep it from taking on the rivals. HTC’s flagship is already available, Samsung’s releasing next week. Initially the Z2 was expected in April, but this was then delayed until early May. Customers in Hong Kong will have to wait until June, the company says through its official Facebook page.
Recently it was also reported that Sony Xperia Z2 launch across the pond in the UK might not happen until the end of May, several retailers say this time frame has been given to them by the company itself. Z2′s North American debut is slated for next month, its launch in the U.S. might not happen until the second quarter of this year. Sony Xperia Z2 is rumored to be a Verizon exclusive in the U.S.
While Sony Hong Kong doesn’t give any reason for the delay, reports from the supply chain suggest that due to component shortages, Sony is facing production issues with the Xperia Z2. Until those bottlenecks are resolved, the company will continue to have a tough time in producing enough units so as to fulfill demand.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-14 Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-08 DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-08 Sony Xperia Z2 Users Complaining Of Gap In Casing And Overheating
- 2014-04-01 Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2