Avast, me hearties! Disney Onlne has just announced its new Pirates of the Caribbean Online MMOG that will run on both PC and Mac platforms, allowing thousands of players to experience the swashbuckling world that captured the imagination of the world across three years in a captivating trilogy. The game will focus on both action and adventure, featuring a ton of customization options that will cater to a large audience who have different tastes and likes. In the game, you’ll be able to create and customize your own pirate, captain your own ship, and assemble a crew, all in the name of becoming the Caribbean’s most legendary pirate. Subscriptions to unlimited access require a first-month fee of $4.95, followed by a $9.95 monthly fee after that. Sounds interesting, but it probably won’t dethrone WoW anytime soon. More features on the game are available after the jump.
- Create your own Pirate character – Players choose from over a million combinations to fully customize their own Pirate (body type, face, hair, clothing, names, etc.).
- Set sail on your own Pirate ship – Captain your own ship then recruit a crew of fellow players to set sail for the adventure of a lifetime.
- Quest for adventure and treasure – Embark on ship and land-based missions to locate buried treasure. Explore lush jungles, volcanic caves, and vast tropical islands but beware of traps, ambushes, and double-crosses which are an every day occurrence when keeping company with Pirates.
- Use advanced weaponry – Players engage in epic battles using a variety of weapons such as cutlasses, grenades, pistols and cannons and can unlock more powerful weapons as they improve their reputation as a fighter to be reckoned with.
- Become a legend – Master a variety of skills, including sword fighting, card playing, and treasure hunting to become the most notorious pirate in the world.
- Work your Voodoo Magic – Voodoo magic is used to heal, travel and cast curses on enemies.
- Get some Booty – Earn extra loot by competing in parlor games such as poker and blackjack.
- Build a notorious crew or guild – Players band together with others for expanded adventures and added power, forming a crew for quick battles or joining a guild for longer-term strategy.
- Grow your wealth with money and rare items – Hunt for buried treasure including gold, precious gems and mysterious artifacts.