Knowledge is potential power – it all depends on how you leverage it to your advantage. When it comes to the battlefield, having first hand information of everything is decisive if you want to secure a victory, so surveillance and espionage has always played a very big role. This 6″ robotic spy plane, also known as COM-BAT, uses a low-power miniaturized radar and a very sensitive navigation system to help it find its way through the dark – just like how a bat does. It’s small size translates to limited battery power, but its beauty lies in the fact that it scavenges energy from solar, wind, vibration and other sources to help keep its battery juiced up. Being able to run indefinitely (if all conditions are met) makes this a formidable tool to provide significant and sustained information that could help turn the tide of the battle in war.
Next Story: Swarovski USB Engagement Ring
- 2011-04-19: OLED microdisplay-based eyetracking Head Mounted Device
- 2011-02-07: Augmented reality mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
- 2009-01-05: Liquid Image Pro HD 350: 720P video @ 330 feet
- 2010-10-06: Logitech Revue with Google TV unveiled
- 2010-11-07: Oakley 3D Gascan, the ultimate 3D glasses for theaters