Fancy a portable Xbox? I’m sure many people have thought about it before, and it will really see Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony slug it out both in the living room as well as on the portable front. How would you like the portable Xbox to look like? There are several major pitfalls for the big M to look out for, and one of them would be the lack of connectivity. Microsoft’s Xbox Live is one of the biggest attractions to date, and has not seen any serious competition from either Sony or Nintendo, so that will be quite a problem unless WiMAX is rolled out extensively. Also, disc changing on the go just isn’t viable, so Microsoft will have to think of a way to circumvent this. Should one be able to engage in online multiplayer, there is also the issue of lag to deal with – will there be a good enough coding like Quakeworld to compensate for latency found using 56k modems? As for the number of games available, I wonder whether Microsoft has it in them to court developers over to their side in such an unchartered territory.
Next Story: WaSnake Shelf
- Microsoft Could Work On Game Streaming Service On Smartphones
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- ARAIG Seeks To Give Gamers Real Player Feedback Through Exoskeleton
- Microsoft IllumiRoom Could Equip The Xbox 720 With A Projector
- PlayStation 4 Concept Rendering Isn't Too Shabby