[CEATEC 2008] This prototype from Toshiba caught our attention as it has a “normal” size for a fuel-cell-powered device. We have been told that it has enough juice for 7 hours of talk time, and can be easily refilled with liquid methanol (look at the photo gallery for more details). Obviously, it’s not a commercial application yet, but this feels like we’re getting there. Just a couple of years ago, the prototypes were huge, so this is encouraging. The cost is expected to be significantly higher when it debuts… at an unknown date. We’ll keep an eye on it.
Next Story: Solar Motorcycle Is Large
- 2013-10-03 TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03 Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03 This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03 NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03 Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout