Prisoners in the UK won’t be able to enjoy the goodness of new generation consoles that offer Wi-Fi connectivity, and this very same spokesperson also let out on the following.
“Prisoners in England and Wales have never been allowed access to wireless enabled technology such as that used in some games consoles. A decision was taken some years ago that the then current generation of games consoles should be barred because the capability to send or receive radio signals is an integral part of the equipment. Future games consoles with this ability will be banned. This ban applies to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo DS.”
Guess our friends in the slammer will have to be content with the PSOne and PS2.
Next Story: Verizon Wireless USB1000 Global Modem
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-02-10: EmoSPARK Home Console Has Own AI
- 2014-02-06: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Launches This April
- 2013-10-18: PS3 Dethrones Xbox 360 As Top Selling Console For September
- 2013-09-20: RetroN 5 Console Set For December 10 Release Date
- 2013-09-02: Bigben Is No Tourist Attraction, But An Android-Powered Portable Gaming Console
- 2013-06-26: NVIDIA Shield Delayed Due To "Mechanical Issue"
- 2013-04-15: Ouya Underperforms Current Generation Of Android Phones In Benchmark Tests
- 2011-09-08: MountMe X-Me keeps your consoles in place
- 2010-04-27: Sims 3 Goes Official On The Xbox 360, PS3, DS And Wii