Enhance Technology has updated its range of storage systems to come with the optional Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 7200RPM hard drives, increasing its storage capacity to 16TB for the Enhance 8-disk desktop & rackmount storage arrays and 32TB on the flagship 16-disk UltraStor Professional Storage Systems. Either way, you will benefit from a total storage of 160TB via SAS storage expansion. According to Enhance, they are promising a 20% speed increase for users running JBOD and RAID systems thanks to the new Hitachi drives. As for the 16-disk UltraStor, it managed to reach write speeds of 702MB/sec under tests with the new 2TB disks alongside an overall lower power consumption. No word on pricing though.
Next Story: DFI Hybrid motherboard
- 2014-04-07: Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2014-02-14: WD My Cloud Review (2TB Model)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast