The next time you step off at one of Tokyo’s major train stations and want to get some grub, you might want to check out Japan’s Gourmet Navigator which is actually a series of restaurant finder touch screen kiosks. Featuring a couple of LCD displays, these kiosks allow you to go through whatever local food establishments there are around, and these are ranked by cuisine type and popularity ratings. Of course, future revisions will see cameras thrown in to analyze trending patterns by age and gender in order to deliver even more accurate and relevant search results down the road. All of the kiosks are linked to Twitter, where you can also refer to a constantly updated stream of new restaurant discoveries.
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-14: SoftBank's CEO Reveals How He Brought The iPhone To Japan