Qualcomm has reportedly coughed up to $2 billion of their cash to invest in a new low power eReader display that will boast a faster refresh rate compared to E Ink, not to mention the ability to display color as well. Known as the Mirasol display, it could very well see action in the next generation of eReaders, although the colors of its initial attempt were not too vivid, but when placed side by side with its rivals such as the Amazon Kindle, Nook and Sony Reader, it will win hands down. WIth $2 billion invested to set up a new plant for manufacturing Mirasol displays, one can look forward to 5.7-inch color displays sometime down the road, perhaps to go up head-to-head with a color Kindle by the time 2012 rolls around?
Next Story: Kubuntu 10.04.1 rolls out
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors