Two Apple patents for the iPad have surfaced in China and it shows some interesting possibilities for the iPad. The first shows that Apple considered a second dock connector on the left side of the iPad in addition to the existing bottom connector, allowing the iPad to be docked in landscape mode and also keep a peripheral such as the Camera Connection Kit attached while the tablet is docked.
The other patent shows that the corner of the iPad could be used to integrate a smart bezel, possibly indicating a touch-sensitive button hidden somewhere there. Of course, it’s hard to imagine Apple introducing another button into the iPad, since iOS generally seems to favor a single home button at the moment, not including the volume and power buttons. Still, the possibility of such a feature is cool.
Next Story: Rumor: Windows Phone 7 To Launch On Nov 8th?
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-04-18: Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-22: Students In China Taking Out Loans To Purchase iPhones And iPads Despite Crazy Interest Rates
- 2012-07-20: Apple's new iPad launches in China
- 2012-07-18: Thousands queue up for jobs at Foxconn, in hopes of building the next iPad?
- 2012-06-13: iPads used in restaurants in China to prevent overcharging