JR Propo and Matsuyoshi Dolls have teamed up to create a samurai robot based on Date Masamune, a real-life samurai who founded the modern day city of Sendai. The robot stands tall at 67cm, weighs 10kg and is able to offer five spoken phrases. In terms of visuals, the robot does look impressive, though its 1,000,000 Yen ($12,300) price tag will be a deterrent to many. The president of Matsuyoshi Dolls has said that they aren’t actually planning on selling it, though they might rent it out for corporate events and the robot’s first job was to help open the 23rd Industrial Exhibition in Higashi, Osaka. Perhaps we’ll be seeing samurai robot armies in the future.
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle