It goes without saying that Google’s Cr-48 laptop has some niggling issues as with many other new devices which experience birth pangs, but that doesn’t mean it is gimped. Some enterprising folks have managed to get Ubuntu running on the Cr-48, which is not surprising at all considering how hacker-friendly this device is. It will require a fair bit of technical knowledge than usual compared to a standard issue Ubuntu installation, but it shouldn’t be beyond the abilities of the average user. Of course, you can also opt to dual-boot it with Chrome OS being the other operating system of choice.
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-02-15: Ubuntu Mobile Developer Edition Lands On February 21
- 2011-03-03: Google updates Chrome OS beta
- 2011-03-01: Google gives out laptop for GDC attendees