Infamous Wii hacker Youness Alaoui (aka KaKaRoToKS) took all of a day to crack and jailbreak the PlayStation 3 3.56 update, which means the 3.56 signing keys are already out, so it shouldn’t come across as a surprise to anyone if they receive an updated custom firmware in a day or so which spoofs 3.56 and re-enables PSN access. We do know that system software 3.56 is a “minor update that adds a security patch”, where it will introduce a new encryption key that is capable of wiping out all current homebrew functionality. PS3 homebrew or have jailbroken owners on PS3 3.55 might not want to make the jump to firmware 3.56 at the moment, since doing so would mean a pretty tough time backtracking. Let us see what Sony will do now as the ball is clearly in their court.
- 2011-09-23 Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc users complain of cracks issue
- 2011-08-10 Researchers manage to hack mobile data communications
- 2011-04-11 PS3 hacker Geohot settles with Sony over jailbreak, but did he just lose?
- 2011-03-18 PlayStation 3 version 3.6 firmware jailbroken
- 2011-02-11 Sony allowed to inspect PS3 hacker's hard drive
- 2011-02-08 Sony strikes out at the PS3 hacking community again
- 2011-01-28 Sony obtains restraining order against Geohot
- 2011-01-06 Mac App Store apps cracked already?
- 2010-05-14 Cracked Version Of Max Payne Distributed Through Steam