[CES 2011] Samsung is certainly doing their part to make sure that their presence is felt when it comes to digital cameras and camcorders, what with the Samsung HMX-H300 Series HD family camcorder being announced at CES today. Built to be an easy-to-use, durable product, it will sport a superior battery life, a 3-inch touchscreen LCD display to keep up with the times and 30x optical zoom so that you need not get that close to the action and yet are able to record all that is going on. The HMX-H300 series was specially designed to automatically deliver stable video in crystal-clear High Definition, enabling you to enjoy the moment without having to worry about technicalities such as the right settings or focusing on the subject. A battery life of up to three hours doesn’t hurt, either, as it lets you relax while filming.
The advent of Face Detection technology has also helped its cause, as it can detect up to half a dozen faces in the shot itself, keeping them in focus at all times so as not to sacrifice on clarity. Integrated under the chassis is a 5-megapixel 1/4” (1/6.3”, 1.75M Effective) BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor that has double the sensitivity of a regular CMOS sensor, working great even in low light situations (relatively speaking, of course – we’re just saying that this isn’t going to be as sharp as what you would see on a night safari documentary). Other hardware specifications include a 3-inch touchscreen LCD display and 32GB of internal memory (H305 only) to get the ball rolling right out of the box. Available in black, silver and red colors from February onwards, the H303, H304 and H305 will retail for $449, 499 and $599, respectively.
Next Story: Casio Tryx Modular Swivel Camera
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2011-01-12: 3D TV Schizophrenia @ CES
- 2011-01-05: Samsung makes point-and-shoot a snap with P Series camcorders
- 2011-01-05: Samsung SMX-F50 series camcorder
- 2011-01-03: Samsung HMX-Q10 Camcorder with Switch Grip