This article was filed in .
Ever wished you could fly, but never really got around to making a pair of wax wings like Icarus? There’s a much safer alternative that doesn’t require you to jump off a cliff, and it comes in the form of the StreetFlyer. This creation of Dr. Carsten Mehring can be described as a human-powered light-weight carbon-fiber vehicle that lets you transition from running (while positioned in the frame-like wheeled structure) into a horizontal hang-gliding type position that is facilitated by a body-harness which is attached to the structure. The vehicle frame itself is retractable, and can be collapsed onto the user’s back, ready to be telescoped out or deployed before transitioning from running to “flying”. Best to wear a helmet whenever you want to take a “ride” in this, or should we say, flight?
Next Story: Hot-Liner concept flexible solar stove
- 2014-02-06: Honda XS-1 Spotted In India
- 2014-01-08: Volvo Concept XC Coupe To Debut At Detroit Motor Show
- 2013-12-12: Willie Bus Concept Might Change City’s Landscape In The Future
- 2013-12-02: Mobiliant Concept Vehicle Can Climb Walls
- 2013-12-01: WitStar Concept Car Comes With A Fish Tank Inside