The world’s most advanced humanoid robot, ASIMO, will be making its first appearance at the FIRST Championship tomorrow. In case you didn’t know, the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Championship is an event where over 11,000 students from 29 different countries will take part in 3 simultaneous robotics competitions. The FIRST Championship encourages students to pursue a career in science, technology and engineering through the use of robotics.
ASIMO, a robot that took over twenty years of research and development to create will be shown off at the event, demonstrating its abilities and functions to the public. ASIMO has never been shown off at a FIRST Championship before, so tomorrow will mark its first day at the event. If you’d like to catch ASIMO in action, head to the second level atrium of the America’s Center Convention Complex in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. The robot will be shown off on Friday, April 29 from 10am to 5pm and Saturday April 30 from 9am to 12pm.
Next Story: Yahoo! Mail is down – for some users
- 2014-02-06: Honda XS-1 Spotted In India
- 2014-01-23: Honda Looks To Tech To Prevent Speeding Cars From Hitting Pedestrians
- 2014-01-15: Honda Solar Power Compatible EV Charger Developed
- 2013-12-05: Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- 2013-12-03: Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio