For a game that’s been in development for what seems like – well, forever, Gearbox, the final developers for Duke Nukem Forever estimate that it the game probably took about 6,000 man-months to finish.
Gearbox’s boss Randy Pitchford says that the orignal developers, 3D Realms poured in about 3,500-4,500 man-months while his company put in about 2,500 or so man-months to complete development.
With that type of crazy work, gamers will be expecting this game to live up to its hype. I was fortunate enough to get hands-on play time with Duke Nukem Forever at PAX East last month and I have to say, the game looks pretty great.
It’s no Call of Duty, but it’ll definitely be a fun game riddled with cheesy humor and if you’re into that sort of thing, some light hanky panky scenes.RELATED
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released
- Follow: duke nukem forever, gearbox,
- Seen at: escapistmagazine