Remember how Samsung touted their Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy S range of smartphones when those were first released last year? Well, the company might have released the Galaxy Tab tablet as well to add further spice to the consumer electronics market, but their most recent announcement could prove to be a spirit dampener – there will not be a Samsung tablet that has an AMOLED display embedded within, not at least in 2011.
Yup, that is right – you might have been lusting after an AMOLED equipped Samsung tablet after taking a look at the Galaxy S smartphone, but right after this revelation of sorts, you will need to learn how to rein in the lust and pick up the virtue of patience. Perhaps in 2012 right before the world ends, Samsung might just offer a sacrifice that is worthy to the gods to prevent them from destroying the world.
Then again, Samsung did not specifically mention that they are developing an AMOLED equipped tablet, but it isn’t to be written off just like that since Samsung did churn out a 7-inch AMOLED prototype. Would you pick up an AMOLED tablet if there was one in the market, or will other companies beat Samsung to the punch?
Next Story: WaveJet is one speed demon in the water
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-07: 10.5-Inch Samsung AMOLED Tablet Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-23: Samsung 10.5-Inch AMOLED Tablet Presumably Spotted
- 2014-03-16: Samsung Hungary Hints At AMOLED Display Touting Galaxy TabPRO
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2012-01-02: Samsung starts manufacturing 7" AMOLED displays, tablets on the way?