Sony Ericsson has kept to their promise of providing an easy way to unlock their Android phones, and today marks the launch of the official bootloader unlocker website. The website that provides official instructions on how SE Android phone users can unlock their bootloader is now live. Modders, developers and users will be pleased to know that they won’t have to go through complicated rooting processes anymore just to gain full control of their phones. Unfortunately not all SE Android phones can be unlocked this way though. Only Sony Ericsson phones that have been released this year and aren’t SIM-locked or customized by their carriers can use this method. Take note that it might also void your warranty, so make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into before attempting anything. Head over to the bootloader unlocking site for the full instructions.
Next Story: Canon Hack Development Kit
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-15: Sony Ericsson 50GB Box cloud promo now live
- 2011-12-14: Sony Ericsson to unveil new Xperia phones at CES 2012
- 2011-12-05: Sony Ericsson Nozomi and two new Xperia handsets leaked in renders?
- 2011-11-18: Sony Ericsson updates unlock bootloader website