Nintendo made it official that a Wii successor (known as Project Cafe/Stream) will officially debut in playable form at E3 this June, but how does the console look like? Based off a bunch of mock-ups that first turned up on 4Chan, these purported leaked shots of the Wii 2 are making the rounds on the web.
Let’s just say it: they’re fake. First, let’s point out the console’s light is turned on, even though the console is not connected to anything. The last shot that shows what appears to be a small wireless antenna is also an unlikely design for Nintendo. It blocks the vent and the current Wii doesn’t use an antenna that’s external, so why would its successor? Though, I do like the “vault door”-like design on the side.
Consider these renders debunked. It’s clear that some talented artist had a little too much time on their hands. The only way to really know how close these renders are to Nintendo’s console is to wait until E3 this June. Man, I feel like I can’t sit still. A real leak needs to happen.
- 2011-06-06: Nintendo Wii successor might just be known as Nintendo
- 2011-06-03: Nikkei 'confirms' Wii 2 controller has 6-inch touchscreen
- 2011-05-24: Activision remains coy on Modern Warfare 3 for Nintendo consoles
- 2011-05-20: Is this really the Wii 2's shape?
- 2011-05-19: Nintendo Wii 2 sneak peek a fake?
- 2011-05-16: Is this a list of Wii 2 games in development?
- 2011-05-12: Ubisoft indirectly spills the beans on Wii 2's power
- 2011-04-25: Wii 2 might ditch long "Friend Codes"
- 2011-04-22: Miyamoto says HD is next logical step, something totally new coming