The rugged Android phone from Casio, slated to arrive on Verizon earlier this month never did show up, but new press shots of the G’zOne Commando leaked and gives us a clearer look at the phone. From what we can see, it looks like what you’d get if a G-Shock and an Android phone had a lovechild – and taking into consideration that Casio did design the G-Shock after all, it’s not hard to see the resemblance. Anyway, this sturdy phone is Mil-STD 8210G certified for being shockproof, waterproof and dust resistant – no surprise there, seeing how brawny the phone’s case looks.
The Casio G’zOne Commando packs an 800MHz processor with 512MB of RAM, a 3.6″ 480 x 800 WVGA screen, a 5 megapixel rear camera, and will ship with Android 2.2. It will also be preloaded with G’zGEAR apps designed for outdoor enthusiasts – thermometer, pedometer and a digital compass.
No word on pricing or release date, but since the press materials have been completed, it shouldn’t take too long now. Any of you keen on owning a sturdy Android phone like this?RELATED
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released
- Follow: Android, casio, rugged, Verizon,
- Seen at: uberphones