The rugged Android phone from Casio, slated to arrive on Verizon earlier this month never did show up, but new press shots of the G’zOne Commando leaked and gives us a clearer look at the phone. From what we can see, it looks like what you’d get if a G-Shock and an Android phone had a lovechild – and taking into consideration that Casio did design the G-Shock after all, it’s not hard to see the resemblance. Anyway, this sturdy phone is Mil-STD 8210G certified for being shockproof, waterproof and dust resistant – no surprise there, seeing how brawny the phone’s case looks.
The Casio G’zOne Commando packs an 800MHz processor with 512MB of RAM, a 3.6″ 480 x 800 WVGA screen, a 5 megapixel rear camera, and will ship with Android 2.2. It will also be preloaded with G’zGEAR apps designed for outdoor enthusiasts – thermometer, pedometer and a digital compass.
No word on pricing or release date, but since the press materials have been completed, it shouldn’t take too long now. Any of you keen on owning a sturdy Android phone like this?
Next Story: Skyfire updated to 4.0 for Android
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2013-10-17: Verizon Galaxy S4 Update Build VRUDMI1 Released
- 2013-06-25: Verizon Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE
- 2013-06-11: Verizon FiOS Mobile For Android Finally Released
- 2012-01-18: Casio superphone in the works?
- 2011-11-15: Verizon and Casio unveils the rugged G'zOne Ravine 2 phone