Great news to TiVo customers. Comcast and TiVo has just announced that they have teamed up to bring Comcast Xfinity On Demand to TiVo Premiere set-top boxes sold at retail. For the first time ever, Comcast customers in select markets will be able to use a TiVo Premiere box to access their favorite shows from Xfinity TV On Demand – on the very same box as their DVR. No longer will they need to purchase separate Comcast boxes just to enjoy the video on demand streaming service.
But for those of you in San Francisco Bay Area, you’ll be the first to be able to utilize the TiVo Premiere/Comcast offering. Comcast will also be installing TiVo Premiere set-top boxes with its cable service at no additional charge for its customers whenever the service becomes available in a market. No word on what the monthly fees will be like, but we should expect to find out soon enough. Is this a signal of Comcast expanding their services to other set-top boxes as well? Only time will tell.
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-10: Comcast Wi-Fi Phone Service Rumored
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-03-23: Apple And Comcast In Talks Over Streaming TV Service [Rumor]
- 2014-03-10: House Of Cards Coming To Comcast Xfinity Store Sans Netflix
- 2011-07-13: Netflix Price Rise Makes Thousands Angry
- 2011-04-11: HBO GO and MAX GO for DIRECTV premium subscribers tomorrow
- 2011-04-07: BBC iPlayer arriving on Panasonic HDTVs this year
- 2011-04-01: Time Warner removes more channels from its iPad app
- 2011-04-01: Home Premiere movie rentals coming soon