Even though we pretty much know almost everything there is to know about the Dell XPS 15z, Dell will be officially unveiling the laptop tomorrow. According to reports online, we’ll finally get the full specs of Dell’s upcoming ultrathin laptop – straight from the horse’s mouth. The XPS 15z, Dell’s answer to the MacBook Air was leaked over the past few weeks – first as a rumor, and then in unofficial photographs, and then again in official photographs.
According to Cnet, the 0.97″-thick XPS 15z will feature the latest Intel “Sandy Bridge” Core i5 (2.9GHz) or Core i7 (3.4GHz) processors, a 15″ 1920 x 1080 display, and a 750GB 7,2000RPM hard disk drive. It will also pack an NVIDIA GT 525M graphics card, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort ports, a slot-load optical drive, a “spill resistant” back-lit keyboard, Ethernet port, media card reader, and a 1.3megapixel webcam with dual-array microphones. Previous reports cite a FireWire port as well, so we’ll stay tuned for confirmation about it.
The XPS 15z is also said to qualify for the free Xbox 360 promotion and will be priced starting at $999 with Windows 7 Home Premium. Lightweight, ultrathin, and not too pricey. Sounds like a recipe for success. Anybody keen on getting one of these laptops when they launch?
Next Story: Mozilla Firefox 5 enters beta stage on time
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2013-03-12: New Dell Inspiron I15RV-1428BLK
- 2013-01-08: Dell updates Inspiron R laptops for 2013
- 2012-06-12: Dell Vostro 3360, 3460 and 3560
- 2012-06-05: Dell Inspiron 15R and 17R
- 2012-05-31: Dell Latitude E6430 ATG