Some researchers over at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) have managed to come up with a super advanced arm that is tougher than it looks. At first glance, all the exposed joints and electronics make the look arm fragile, especially when you find out it can perform pretty human-like movements. But that’s where we’re wrong – it only looks fragile.
As shown in the demonstration video after the break, the scientists over there are constantly pushing the their testing to the limits, and in one video we see the researcher using a bat to hit the robot arm. After the attack, it still functions just as well as it did before, a testament to the German engineering that went through the creation of it.
If we’re any step closer to creating Iron Man or Terminators, I’d say we’re heading in the right direction. Video of the robot arm in action, and being hit by a baseball bat after the break:
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Macy Gets Robot To Launch Thanksgiving Day Parade
- U-CAT “Turtle” Robot Aids In Shipwreck Exploration
- Follow: germany, robot, video,
- Seen at: spectrum.ieee.org