If you’ve been holding out from getting a Nintendo Wii due to its high prices, your patience has served you well. Nintendo has just announced a price slash for the almost 5-years old gaming console. Starting May 15, the newly priced Wii gaming console will go on sale for $149.99 and will be available in two colors; black or white. It will also come packaged with a copy of Mario Kart, and a matching colored Wii Wheel accessory.
While this new deal means that folks will be getting a free wheel and Mario Kart straight out of the box, it also means that they won’t be getting Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort for free anymore – Mario Kart replaces those games.
In addition to the price cut for the console, Nintendo has launched their “Nintendo Selects” games collection: a set of popular games that are already on the market, but with a suggested price of $19.99 each. Games that fall under this collection are: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Mario: Super Sluggers and Wii Sports (finally available as a separate purchase for the first time).
While the console hasn’t received any sort of upgrades, so it’s basically the same tech you would’ve bought in 2006, Nintendo has finally dropped its price. Any of you planning on purchasing the Wii or will you wait for Nintendo’s next generation console?
Next Story: Spotify launches new music download store
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-25: US The Last Bastion For The Nintendo Wii As Europe Folds
- 2009-09-14: Nintendo Wii price cut
- 2009-09-20: Nintendo confirms Wii price cut
- 2010-11-01: Nintendo will not cut Wii prices