Lenovo has a couple of tablets that will join the increasingly crowded tablet market in the coming weeks, sending a note to members of its affiliate program that informs them that the IdeaPad K1 Android tablet will be announced sometime later this month (that is just a few more days left) or in early July. This might not come across as a surprise for some, since product listings for the tablet have already started showing up all over the place in recent weeks.
Apart from that, the affiliate newsletter also mentioned a ThinkPad Tablet that will be announced this coming Tuesday (June 28th). No idea on whether this will be the similar ThinkPad Android tablet that we heard about earlier this year, or could it actually be a spanking new convertible slate PC that is powered by the Windows platform? As with any other news piece, it makes perfect sense to be patient and wait for an official announcement that ought to happen sometime next week.
Just to recap, the IdeaPad K1 sports a 10.1″ display at 1280 x 800 resolution, a 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor and is powered by Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb at the very minimum – which is great, since we need not hanker after a software update so soon. Expected pricing? We are looking at the $500 mark, which is the norm these days.
Next Story: DARPA XC2V prototype completed
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2013-01-07 Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S Ultrabook Takes The Multimode Route
- 2011-10-06 Lenovo IdeaPad A1 tablet orders being taken
- 2011-09-01 Lenovo IdeaPad A1 [$199 Android Tablet]
- 2011-08-11 Levnovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 now available at Office Depot
- 2011-05-11 Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 arrives at the FCC