LG has revealed that they will be shipping their Optimus 3D soon – hitting Europe first before it arrives in the US. This will be their flagship device which is already available for pre-order at Amazon UK, targeting a July 13th shipping date, and if you want to purchase it without a contract, then the price will be a rather steep $969 thereabouts, after conversion, of course. More than 60 other regions will be on the receiving end of the new Optimus 3D within the next several weeks, dropping yet another hint that the AT&T Thrill 4G might be out before summer is over.
The LG Optimus 3D in all its different versions will rely on a dual-core TI OMAP4430 processor to get the hard work done, boasting a 4.3″ glasses-free 3D display as well as the ability to record 3D video in 720p or 1080p video in 2D using its twin rear cameras. Other hardware specifications include an HDMI 1.4 output and DLNA video sharing which sends 3D video over to TVs and the local network.
It is rather unfortunately that the last check revealed the LG Optimus 3D running on Android 2.2, so we do hope at least a Gingerbread update is in the works in due time.
Next Story: Actiontec Multi-LAN Network Adapter
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2011-11-18: Ice Cream Sandwich ported to Samsung Galaxy S2 and LG Optimus 3D
- 2011-11-14: LG Optimus 3D receives enhanced Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-10-03: LG Optimus 3D receives 3D game converter
- 2011-09-06: LG reportedly working on Optimus 3D 2
- 2011-02-18: LG Optimus 3D smartphone priced and ready to rock the UK