Meizu was one of the first few names ever cited when it came to an iPhone clone, but it never really took the world’s imagination by storm. We’re guessing that while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, consumer electronics users do not really appreciate such a stance, and would very much prefer purchasing a handset that is radically different in terms of form factor or operating system. One of their upcoming devices would be the Meizu MX, where whispers are going around that it might ship as early as September – which places it in good stead to beat the end of the year estimate that was cited earlier by independent sources.
It seems that even M8 and M9 owners might be able to trade in their devices for the upcoming Meizu MX, but that remains to be confirmed as at press time. The new release will sport a similar 640 x 960 resolution display as with its predecessor, albeit coming in an increased screen size of 4″ from the previous 3.5″.
Hardware specifications have been speculated to feature a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor, 1GB RAM, GSM/WCDMA support, HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, GPS navigation capability, and an 8-megapixel camera with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor.
Next Story: Kinect head tracking in Forza 4
- 2014-04-13 Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23 Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05 Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19 Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21 Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2012-09-10 Meizu MX Review (Quad-core)
- 2011-12-05 Meizu MX unveiled
- 2011-11-25 Meizu MX spotted
- 2011-08-15 Meizu MX revealed in more images
- 2011-08-10 Meizu MX quad-core smartphone set for September release