Microsoft’s preparing for its E3 press conference next week where it’s widely expected the company will be showing off some heavy hitters for Kinect, but that doesn’t mean it can’t get the show going with some pre-show fireworks. Major Nelson dropped some informative news today on his site today charting the Xbox 360′s continued growth. The results are pretty impressive.
As it stands right now, the Xbox 360 has sold 55 million consoles across 38 countries and he says that sales are “accelerating,” no doubt fueled by Kinect’s runaway success. Second bit of info, the 360 is the leading console for 2011 and has seen 29 percent year over year increase in sales in the first four months of the year – triple that of the PS3.
Xbox Live now has 35 million active members who log in an average of 60 hours per month. Is that a jab at Sony’s PSN downtime? Regardless, the facts are clear, people are loving their Xbox 360s. Now let’s see what Sony is going to do about it now that the PSN is completely restored and Nintendo is preparing to out its own HD Wii successor next week.
Next Story: Sony's 'Welcome Back' PSN freebies are live
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Chinese State Media Calls Microsoft Irresponsible For Ending Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2013-06-28: Doodle Jump For Kinect Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-29: Microsoft Kinect Hacked To Become A 'BoobTracker'
- 2013-02-12: Xbox 360 Sales Soar Past 76 Million Units; Kinect Sales Hit 24 Million
- 2013-02-07: Report: Xbox 720 To Feature Siri-Like Voice Control
- 2011-06-06: Full list of new Kinect-enabled games for Xbox 360