Update: The update was never released, making this a false alarm. Sorry guys!
While Google’s Android 3.1 Honeycomb is rumored to be delayed in its release simply because Google has some unfinished business with the operating system update, hoping to polish it up all the more before it is worthy of public consumption, we have word that the Motorola XPRT (which has yet to be released on Sprint) will be getting the Android 2.3.3 update. Perfect for folks who have been eyeing that handset, since you will get a better operating system right out of the box, alongside Motorola’s very own Motoblur user interface skin for a more comfortable user experience instead of stock Android.
The reason behind this? We ourselves are not very sure, but perhaps it has something to do with the Motorola Droid Pro receiving a similar update at the same time. What do you think? Bear in mind that this is a rare occurrence, and it does not happen every other day.
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-09-01: Motorola DROID 2 receives Android 2.3 Gingerbread update at last
- 2011-07-17: Motorola Atrix 4G set to receive Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-07-13: Motorola launches XT316 Android smartphone
- 2011-07-04: Motorola Droid 2 Global lacks Gingerbread serving until Droid 3 rolls out
- 2011-06-29: Gingerbread updates for Motorola DROID devices held back?