Have you ever bought anything online before? If you have, chances are that you’ve used PayPal – or at least you’ve heard of it. In case you didn’t know PayPal is, it is a digital payment system that helps you pay or collect money for your online transactions. From its humble beginnings in the year 2000, PayPal quickly gained traction in the relatively unexplored market and set off to conquer the digital world. As of now, PayPal has over 100 million active accounts on the service. That’s 100 million people around the world who have already trusted PayPal with their digital wallets.
PayPal believes that by the year 2015, digital currency will be accepted nationwide in the US and there won’t be a need to carry a wallet around anymore. From buying a magazine at your local corner store to a new TV at Walmart – there won’t be a need for a physical wallet anymore. To show that they believe that it’s possible, they’ve even told five of their Bay area employees to embrace a lifestyle and use only digital currency to pay for all of their purchases. What about you – do you think you could live a lifestyle without spending any paper currency?
Next Story: Reading Your Favorite Content On Tablets
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation