You know that when the skies get extremely dark and cloudy, it is a surefire sign that rain is a-comin’ – and we have seen signs that the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will be receiving its Android 2.3 Gingerbread update (long after most of the other Android smartphones have already gotten theirs) in the near future. Well, all that waiting will soon be over with Sony Ericsson stepping up to say that the update will be arriving this early August.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will be receiving a similar “Facebook inside Xperia” treatment as with the other Xperia handsets, boasting social network integration right into the phone’s UI – as to whether this will be able to better HTC’s Sense UI remains to be seen. DLNA will be missing though, so those who have a DLNA setup in their homes might want to consider getting a new phone instead that does support such a feature.
As you’ve already waited this long, what’s it to you to be patient for another couple of months, right?
Next Story: Google buys SageTV
- 2013-03-01 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13 Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04 Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-10-28 Sony Ericsson to roll out Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread updates for Xperia devices globally
- 2011-10-21 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to stop receiving updates
- 2011-05-31 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 on AT&T to receive Android 2.1 update
- 2011-03-25 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to get Gingerbread update - at long, long last
- 2010-02-09 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to go beyond Android 1.6