It can be quite frustrating when a particular device that seemed to hold so much promise in the beginning lacks just one major feature that is a given on similar models in the range – case in point, the HDMI output that is missing on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play smartphone. We know that this is going to be a gaming centric handset, and to have the ability of blowing up the images for some big screen action might be extremely tempting, so why was it left out in the specifications list to date? As they say that hope springs eternal, so here we are with a particular screenshot which might just point towards such a reality as you see above.
There are no exact details as at press time, but two photos have already made their way to the Internet, showing off the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play being connnected to a HDMI TV, and obviously the only way for that to happen would be to have both of them “talk” to one another via via HDMI, no? No idea on whether this is a microUSB to HDMI cable, or is it some sort of more advanced Xperia Play that is being kept under wraps.
Next Story: Facebook knows which sites you've been visiting
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-23: Xperia PLAY gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-12-22: OnLive Mobile now supports Xperia PLAY
- 2011-12-01: FIFA 12 is exclusive for the Xperia Play until February 2012
- 2011-09-29: Sony Ericsson giving away four games for Xperia Play on October 1st
- 2011-09-28: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light arriving on Android as an Xperia Play exclusive