We’re all for watches that look cool and are unique. In fact Tokyoflash has a couple of watches similar to Chinavasion’s Dark Armada watch, whereby attempting to figure out how to tell the time on it would require a Ph.D in maths. Okay maybe that was a bit exaggerated, but regardless, the way those watches have been designed make it quite tricky to tell the time, which may explain their appeal, since we’re guessing they make pretty good conversation starters.
According to Chinavasion, “The upper LED lights display the hour. The lower LED lights display minutes. How’s that for intuitiveness!” Hardly! Well not to worry, the watch apparently comes with a set of instructions on how to read it. However if you can get past how difficult it is to tell the time on the Dark Armada, it is a pretty cool looking device. The LEDs remind us of the Predator movie, combined with the black strap, it looks very sinister. The watch is apparently going for $7.26 at Chinavasion’s website, who claims that the watch would normally go for over $100.
- 2013-11-11: Tokyoflash Kisai Console Gets A Wooden Touch
- 2013-10-15: Tokyoflash Kisai Quasar Is Rather Difficult To Read
- 2013-09-16: Tokyoflash Kisai Maru Wooden Timepiece
- 2013-03-25: Triggerfish Bronze A2 Watch Survives C-4 Blast
- 2013-03-12: This Apple iWatch Concept Is The Best Looking Yet
- 2013-02-12: Apple iWatch Concept Shows Us What It Could Look Like
- 2013-02-11: Apple Watch: Is It Really Coming?
- 2012-09-26: A Star Wars watch that you'll actually want to wear
- 2011-07-19: TokyoFlash's The Right Angle watch has a pretty unique way of telling the time
- 2011-07-06: Tokyoflash's Kisai Kaidoku watch tells the time with text