After the false reports of Gingerbread arriving on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 a couple of days ago, it looks like rumors of the Friday release date have turned out to be true. Sony Ericsson has officially announced on its blog that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Xperia X10 is finally here. The update won’t be an OTA (over the air) update and has to be installed with a computer running SE’s PC companion software.
Sony Ericsson has mentioned that the update will be rolling out to non-customized handsets first, and then to customized X10s next but even then, not all customized phones will be getting the update. To circumvent the issue, you’ll need to un-brand your phone. Or you could just root the device and install a custom ROM by yourself… something that most users would’ve done by now if they really wanted Gingerbread. Anyway like they always say – better late than never, right?RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, sony ericsson, update, xperia x10,