A few weeks ago, we had a close encounter with the Olympus PEN E-PL3, a mid-range micro 4/3 digital camera with a slim body and a swivel screen that increase your comfort when shooting from above your head, or below your waist. Many users got excited and were anxiously waiting to know about
the pricing the upcoming damage to their wallets.
This is now official: the PEN E-PL3 will come out in September with a $699.99 price in two possible kit lenses: 1/ the 14.42mm lens with its super-fast and silent autofocus. 2/ a 17mm compact “pancake” lens. Interestingly, the f-stop of those lenses was not mentioned, but it should be f3.5-5.6 and f2.8, respectively.
This price is very similar to its competitor, the Panasonic GF3 that we reviewed recently. Which one do you prefer?
Next Story: Xbox 360 Media Remote
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS TG-3 Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS SH-1 Unveiled
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus SP-100 Superzoom Camera With Dot-Sight Tracking Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Camera Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Has Been Officially Launched
- 2012-02-08: “Women of The World” mobile application by the World Bank and Fotopedia
- 2012-01-09: Olympus Tough TG-320
- 2012-01-09: Olympus SZ-12 - 24X Long Zoom Camera
- 2012-01-09: Olympus VR-340
- 2011-09-22: Olympus E-P3 Review