There is no official word just yet, but Sprint’s Samsung Replenish looks set to be on the receiving end of a firmware update. While it will not be getting the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update, that doesn’t mean the eco-friendly smartphone is not going to feel better to use – after all, the relatively tiny update is said to sort out some of the current bugs and issues. Set your calendars to July 18th as that is when the Samsung Replenish would get its firmware, well, replenished.
Just what kind of snazzy improvements can you expect from this particular firmware update? Well, we are looking at enhancements made to the LED, making sure the roaming alert is actually activated aurally before you rack up an impossibly high phone bill without realizing it, as well as a fix for the issue that reset to all zeros.
Needless to say, before you make any updates to your handset, it is always prudent to perform a backup of all your data. Wi-Fi connectivity is the way to go since it is more or less much faster than your regular 3G connection.RELATED
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Follow: Samsung, Sprint, update,
- Seen at: intomobile