SanDisk, a staple name when it comes to flash memory and portable storage, is back by offering their Ultra solid state drive (SSD) to the masses as said SSD is ready to ship. This new SSD is capable of extending the life of your desktop or notebook, depending on which machine you want to install it on, delivering the performance and reliability of a SSD without sipping up more juice compared to a hard drive.
Just what kind of performance can you expect from the SanDisk Ultra SSD? For starters, how about superior performance compared to a regular hard drive? We are looking at a data transfer speed of up to 280MB/s under test conditions for sequential read, and 270MB/s for sequential write speeds.
At random speeds, you get up to 3Gb/s – clearly surpassing what other SATA II SSDs in the market, resulting in speedier boot up times, not to mention your apps ought to load more or less instantaneously. Technology has also progressed rather far to date, making SSDs a whole lot more reliable with a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of up to 1,000,000 hours.
You will be able to choose from 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, where they won’t burn too big a hole in your pocket at $129.99, $219.99 and $449.99, respectively. [Press Release]RELATED
- Hoax Attempts To Make Apple Users Reformat Their Macs For Bitcoin Mining Feature
- Chromecast Now Able To Stream Web-Based Google Play Content
- Homeless Man With Chromebook Completes First Mobile App
- Firefox Start Screen For Windows 8 Version Spotted
- YouTube Shares Some Impactful Videos For The Year
- Follow: sandisk, solid state drive, ssd, Storage,