Sony seems to have diversified their consumer electronics portfolio with another device known as the Sony HD-PG5 – falling under the portable hard drive category this time around, and what makes this more special than the rest would be its definite compatibility with the BRAVIA TV range. Touted to deliver reliable data storage and expanded home entertainment options, this 500GB portable external hard drive is a speed demon thanks to USB 3.0 connectivity, coupled with supplied Data Transfer Accelerator software. To put it in a nutshell, you are now able to record HDTV programmes from any compatible BRAVIA TV via USB, or perhaps download videos directly from any compatible Sony Handycam camcorder via the Direct Copy function.
For those who have something to hide away from prying eyes, then the Password Protection Manager is handy enough a tool. 500GB doesn’t sound like much these days, so hopefully Sony will be able to roll out larger capacity models in the future. If only this can be hooked up to the PS3 as well – perhaps the future PS3 update will come with a USB 3.0 port?
It seem as as though the Sony HD-PG5 will be headed for the UK, France and Germany only from the middle of this month onwards. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2011-07-11 Sony is coming out with Micro Vault P series compact flash drives
- 2010-03-31 Silicon Power A70 Armor external hard drive
- 2010-04-16 Toshiba StorE Art 3 external hard drive
- 2010-05-04 Transcend StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drive
- 2010-07-22 Western Digital 500GB My Passport Essential now comes in limited edition designs