While Intel is still finalizing what exactly determines an “ultrabook”, Acer has recently unveiled their business laptop, the TravelMate Timeline 8481T which is a 14″ laptop that weighs just under 3.7 pounds and is 0.87″ thick.
The laptop will be sporting an Intel Core i5 processor with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 technology used to encrypt files and folders, which we’re guessing is a great feature especially for enterprise users who carry about sensitive information on their laptops. Unfortunately it only sports an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000, but then again we don’t expect enterprise users to require such high-end graphics, right?
The laptop’s display features a resolution of 1366×768 along with a 4GB of DDR3 memory (which can be upgraded to 8GB), a 320GB SATA hard drive (7200RPM) and even comes with Disk Anti-Shock Protection (DASP) technology which is great especially for use on the move. The rest of the specs is pretty standard such as WiFi, Bluetooth, a HD webcam, USB 3.0 ports along with several security features such as Acer ProShield Security with BioProtection Fingerprint protection.
If you’re an enterprise user and you’re looking to get your hands on the TravelMate Timeline 8481T, it is expected to start shipping early September starting at $1,000.
Next Story: Next-gen BlackBerrys might see Android action
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-01-19 Acer Aspire S3 Review
- 2011-06-06 Acer Aspire X Updated in America
- 2009-10-21 Acer Aspire 5738DG does Stereo 3D