Xoom owners rejoice; the long awaited update which brings SD card functionality to the Android tablet is finally here. Verizon’s recently announced update for the Motorola Xoom has been reported to have started rolling out to its customers. The update is labeled HTJ85 and will enable the SD card on the Xoom, a feature that the Xoom has been lacking since its launch, which is good news for those of you who are running out of space on your tablet.
Other features include: screen scaling compatibility mode – the ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected apps – great for running smartphone optimized apps on the tablets, adaptive streaming for Movies, Movie Rental improvements, new EAS policy: Allow Password Recovery, and improvements to Exchange ActiveSync and security.
To update your tablet, you can wait for the update notification or manually go to Settings > About tablet > System updates and select “Install now” if you get the update. As usual, back up your files and apps before performing the update, you never know what could go wrong. Let us know if you’ve received the update to your Xoom.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2012-06-04 Verizon's Motorola Xoom gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-31 Verizon's Motorola Xoom to undergo soak test soon, Android 4.0 update imminent?
- 2011-12-22 Motorola DROID RAZR update rolling out today
- 2011-12-08 Massive DROID BIONIC update on the way
- 2011-08-25 Select Motorola Xoom users to receive 4G LTE upgrade