Xoom owners rejoice; the long awaited update which brings SD card functionality to the Android tablet is finally here. Verizon’s recently announced update for the Motorola Xoom has been reported to have started rolling out to its customers. The update is labeled HTJ85 and will enable the SD card on the Xoom, a feature that the Xoom has been lacking since its launch, which is good news for those of you who are running out of space on your tablet.
Other features include: screen scaling compatibility mode – the ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected apps – great for running smartphone optimized apps on the tablets, adaptive streaming for Movies, Movie Rental improvements, new EAS policy: Allow Password Recovery, and improvements to Exchange ActiveSync and security.
To update your tablet, you can wait for the update notification or manually go to Settings > About tablet > System updates and select “Install now” if you get the update. As usual, back up your files and apps before performing the update, you never know what could go wrong. Let us know if you’ve received the update to your Xoom.RELATED
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- Epson Connect Printers Synchronize Wirelessly With Kindle Tablets
- AT&T Teams Up With Rogers To Offer 4G LTE Roaming In Canada
- More LG Nexus 8 Rumors Surface
- Follow: Android, Motorola, motorola xoom, sd card, update, Verizon, xoom,
- Seen at: phonedog