Is it, or is it not? First of all, we heard that Apple’s lawsuit managed to convince Australian courts to halt the sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and a day after that we have Samsung stepping forward to say they will go ahead with the Galaxy Tab 10.1′s release, although it will be a slightly different model from the one that Apple fought so hard to prevent from hitting the market. Well, another shocker has occurred today – it seems that the South Korean company has done a 180-degree turn, officially delaying the Galaxy Tab 10.1′s launch because of the above mentioned legal dispute with Apple.
Here is what Samsung mentioned in a statement, “In light of the current legal proceedings by Apple Inc. against Samsung Electronics Australia, Samsung regrets to announce it will be postponing its media launch event, scheduled for 11th August 2011, for the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1. Samsung will announce a new date for the GALAXY Tab 10.1 media launch event as soon as practicable.”
Bummer – guess you might just have to fly out from Down Under and purchase a Galaxy Tab 10.1 elsewhere. After all, the Australian dollar has surpassed the US dollar by an impressive margin, making it cheaper to purchase goods in/from the US itself, so why wait for the official version?
Next Story: Vivitar 690 HD Underwater Pocket Video Camera
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2011-09-12: Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets FCC approval for T-Mobile
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 out this June 8th
- 2011-05-25: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 ships with Android 3.1 Honeycomb in the US
- 2011-05-03: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 arrives at the FCC
- 2010-09-22: Australia to sell Samsung Galaxy Tab for $999