Heard of the Samsung Galaxy Xcover before? Well, the situation has just changed from a “No” to a “Yes” once you’re done with this, right? The Galaxy Xcover will be one tough cookie, being IP67 certified so that it will be able to go up against stuff like short falls, water splashes and dust without blinking an eyelid. Water-resistance is its forte, as it can remain submerged under a meter of water for half an hour.
To make it all the more special, this is touted by Samsung to be the first Android-powered device that carries the IP67 certification – anyone willing to dispute that? You will get Android 2.3 Gingerbread right out of the box, coupled with a 3.65″ display that features a scratch-resistant tempered glass as well as a 3.2-megapixel camera with an LED flash.
You will be able to find the Samsung Galaxy Xcover arrive in Germany and Ukraine from October onwards, and there is still no word on whether it will arrive anywhere else outside of the mentioned countries.
Update: It seems that the Motorola Defy is the first Android phone to be IP67 certified. Thanks, dv21!
Next Story: Flame Red Nintendo 3DS coming your way
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-02-17 Samsung Galaxy Core LTE
- 2013-10-07 Samsung Galaxy J Leaks With Snapdragon 800 CPU, 5-Inch Display
- 2013-07-23 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date, Specs & News
- 2013-05-08 Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2013-05-01 Galaxy Note III Rumored To Have 8-Core CPU And GPU