It looks like Sony Ericsson is doing a good job of keeping its Android phones updated – it has just announced the release of a new update for the Xperia Arc and Xperia Play. The update doesn’t bring the phones past Android 2.3.3, but it does include some new features to improve the entertainment experiences on the phone.
Some of the new features of the update include: xLoud – a boost for your music when it’s played through the phone’s speakers, Stereo recording – the ability to shoot video with high-quality stereo sound, Digital home – the feature to let you stream content from your phone onto DLNA devices, and some new themes and a landscape mode for your home screen.
The update is for Xperia Arc and Xperia Play phones, and it’s not available to everyone yet but it should be rolled out to everybody within the next few weeks (though there will be certain markets excluded from getting this update). Check for updates by going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates or connect the phone to your computer and run the PC Companion software.RELATED
- Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- AT&T Announces New Mobile Share Value Plans
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Samsung Might Be Working On A Windows Phone 8 Flagship
- Android 4.4.1 Release Will Fix Nexus 5 Camera Issues
- Follow: Android, sony ericsson, update, xperia arc,
- Seen at: androidcentral