The folks over at Sprintfeed.com have been analyzing Samsung’s latest video teaser for the Galaxy S 2 and they believe that the phone shown at the end is actually the Epic Touch 4G that is headed to Sprint. Here’s what they discovered: the weather widget saying “Kansas City” – which is near Sprint’s headquarters. The date on the clock widget says “Friday 09/09″ – which is the rumored date that the Galaxy S 2 will be arriving on Sprint. The phone also has a Sprint Visual Voicemail icon on the homescreen – the same one found on the Motorola Photon 4G, another phone on Sprint.
From those clues spotted, I guess it would be easy to jump to the conclusion that it’s headed for Sprint as well, and that the phone being shown off is actually the Samsung Epic Touch 4G. And if that’s the case, then that’s the official first look we’ve been given of the upcoming phone. We’ll just have to wait for an official announcement for confirmation.
Next Story: Sony a77 DSLR
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-20: Samsung Epic 4G Touch torn apart
- 2011-09-16: Samsung Epic Touch 4G source code released
- 2011-09-14: Epic 4G Touch user guide online
- 2011-08-26: Samsung Galaxy S 2 US variants pictured