Folks living in the Great White North will be pleased to hear that the Samsung Galaxy S II Hercules is heading on its way to Telus in that part of the world. Of course, this is not the first time the Samsung Hercules was spotted, but at least more images of it have come aboard – and this is one Android-powered smartphone that is going to be quite a hit when it arrives at Canada later this year.
Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread right out of the box so that you need not worry about waiting for a software update the moment it arrives. The images that you see above clearly show it being cleaved onto Telus’ network, no doubt about it.
It does seem as though the Samsung Hercules does resemble that of the Nexus S, sporting curved edges as well as a chrome band that will wrap around the device. Hopefully this doesn’t mean it will translate into dead signals just like the iPhone 4 when it came out. No idea on just how large the display would be like, but we’re looking at most probably 4.5″ with a 2-megapixel front facing camera, sporting a capacitive row of menu, home, back and search buttons. No idea on pricing or availability just yet – stay tuned!
Next Story: Micromachine bugs spies for the Air Force
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2013-05-07: Telus Samsung Galaxy Note Receives Jelly Bean Update
- 2011-08-30: Samsung Hercules Preview
- 2011-08-05: Samsung Hercules spotted?
- 2011-07-10: Samsung Hercules to arrive in September 2011
- 2011-06-27: Samsung T989 could be the Samsung Hercules