Amazon might have set the tech world ablaze with their recent tablet announcement, which is the Amazon Kindle Fire (check out our hands-on), and we have word that the company’s next tablet which is a 10.1″ model that is tipped to roll out next year will be looking towards Foxconn to manufacture it.
Foxconn was in talks to develop the 7″ Kindle Fire but “reportedly decided to not take the 7-inch tablet PC orders as the company has been busily working on iPads for Apple” according to sources, which means that rival Quanta Computer managed to pick up the pieces (which also amounts to quite a substantial sum to say the least).
Well, let us hope that there won’t be any more mishaps at Foxconn’s factories in the future so that the world will not suffer from a shortage of iPhones or Kindle Fires.
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-11-14: Amazon Kindle Fire tablet ships out today
- 2011-10-19: Foxconn producing next generation Kindle Fire tablets?
- 2011-10-05: Amazon WhisperSync to take on iCloud?
- 2011-10-04: Kindle Fire pre-orders to hit 100,000
- 2011-09-27: Amazon signs up magazine publishers and Fox