Update: our AT&T Galaxy S2 Review is online
We have received our AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2, and at first sight, it looks very much like the International (unlocked) Galaxy S2 that we have played with back in July. The AT&T model number is SGH-I777ZKAATT (or Attain or SGH-I777), and it has a display that is slightly smaller than the Sprint Galaxy S2 (aka Epic Touch 4G or SPH-D710), which has a 4.52 AMOLED display. T-Mobile’s Galaxy S2 (aka Hercules) will also have the bigger 4.52″ display.
We’ll publish a complete review very soon, but so far, the AT&T Galaxy S2 seem to behave like the original Galaxy S2, so we expect the 1080p video to perform very well, and the phone should be zippy fast in general.
On the mobile network side, it uses AT&T “4G” HSPA+, but we don’t expect to see any miracles on that front. It’s really 3.5G and AT&T’s network can be congested in cities like San Francisco. The phone is now synchronizing with its Exchange account and it should be ready for a field test later tonight.
Have a good Labor Day week-end!
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-09-26: T-Mobile introduces Samsung Galaxy S2
- 2011-09-22: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 almost here?
- 2011-09-21: AT&T Galaxy S2 arriving October 2
- 2011-09-20: Samsung Epic 4G Touch torn apart
- 2011-09-16: Sprint Epic 4G Touch available today