If you’re in the market for new external hard drives, Buffalo has just announced two new external hard drive models – the MiniStation Extreme and the DriveStation Axis Velocity, both of which will support the USB 3.0 standard, allowing fast transfer rates assuming of course your computer has USB 3.0 ports to begin with.
Both models will come with 256-bit AES hardware encryption that supposedly meets the US government’s standard for security. The difference is that the MiniStation Extreme, as the name implies, has been designed for slightly more rugged use and is said to be able to withstand knocks and bumps, thanks to a rubberized base and shock protection elements that meet the military’s standards for shock protection.
The DriveStation Axis Velocity is your typical external hard drive and will feature a 7,200 RPM hard drive in it for faster data access. The DriveStation Axis Velocity will come in three sizes – 1TB, 2TB and 3TB and will be priced at $95, $135 and $180 respectively. The MiniStation Extreme will be available in two sizes – 500GB and 1TB, which are priced at $95 and $130 respectively. Both drives will come with a two year warranty and will be available come October 2011.
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-07: LinkStation 200 Is Buffalo's New Network Attached Storage Series (NAS)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo AirStation AC 1200 Dual Band Router Brings Support For 802.11AC
- 2013-02-21: Buffalo DriveStation Carries 1GB RAM As Well
- 2013-01-07: BuffaloLink DriveStation DDR HDD Enclosure With Huge RAM Cache
- 2011-12-16: Toshiba Japan unveils USB 3.0 TransMemory-EX flash drive
- 2011-10-25: Buffalo 4-port USB 3.0 card benchmarked, looks speedy
- 2011-09-30: Super Talent USB 3.0 Storage POD Enclosure
- 2011-09-26: Toshiba refreshes Canvio 3.0, Canvio Basics 3.0 external hard drives
- 2011-01-05: Buffalo DriveStation Goes USB 3.0 All The Way