Do you love all things that have to do with cloud computing? If you have answered in the affirmative, then you might be pleased to hear about the latest happening in Google Documents – it has just received comment-only access, which is a new way of letting other people check out a particular document while commenting on it in order to improve a group collaboration work even when everyone is on a different continent. After all, haven’t we run into moments where we want to have someone else view and make comments about a document, but with a “Hands off!” approach?
Google will be rolling out a new sharing option over the next several days that allows folks to view and add comments to your documents, although their access will be restricted as they cannot perform any editing. If you want to open up your document to the unknown floodgates of comments, just click on the Share button, add in the contact(s) whom you want to share the document with, and pick Can comment.
At least this option allows feedback to arrive without any modifications being made to the original document – giving you total and complete control.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-03-11 Google Introduces Add-Ons For Docs And Sheets
- 2013-12-11 Google Sheets Offline Editing Is Finally Possible
- 2012-09-05 Google spreadsheets get all talkative with discussions
- 2012-08-07 Protected Ranges in Google Spreadsheets now available
- 2012-06-28 Google Drive for iOS and PC offline editing introduced